tech-misc archive

Re: i2c device scan/list

On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 01:50:14PM +0530, Gnanasekar Loganathan wrote:
> Is there any command to list or scan the i2c devices attached in the
> NetBSD5 kernel?

The iic(4) manual page lists quite a few devices, although it is not
entirely comprehensive.[*]

But if you mean whether it is possible to scan the I2C devices possibly
available on the machine, I believe no such functionality exists, at least
by default. However, if you take a peek at iic(9) and 'src/sys/dev/i2c/i2c.c',
there is a #ifdef I2C_SCAN. I haven't tried it, so I do not know how well it
works.

- Jukka.

[*] Apparently that page is only available on -current; here see
    http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?iic++NetBSD-current