tech-misc archive

Re: wchar_t encoding?

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 07:35:38AM +0900, Neil Booth wrote:
> I think you'd need an 8000-entry table (and one to map back).  I
> also believe there are a few codepoints that don't have a one-to-one
> mapping to Unicode, so a roundtrip conversion isn't guaranteed.

Yeah, but I'd argue that maybe for debugging purposes you could life with
the (unwanted) aliasing of a few "equivalent" code points.

However, this would involve a conversion on the target before delivering the
stream to the host, which we do not have at all in Paul's scenario if I
understood correctly - so I'm out of ideas (besides doing what Paul suggested).

Martin