tech-misc archive

Re: install strfile and unstr (and what is HOSTPROG?)

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> src/games/fortune/strfile/Makefile has HOSTPROG=strfile (instead of
> PROG=strfile). I think that is what keeps it from installing.
>
> Where is HOSTPROG documented? If this changed to PROG will it break
> cross-compiles?

HOSTPROG is for things that are built and executed in the host
environment during a cross build.  It may not be documented properly,
but is used by many things under src/tools.

I think that strfile shuold be installed both as a host tool and as a
normal program.

--apb (Alan Barrett)