tech-misc archive

__attribute__((warn_unused_result)) for NetBSD?

Today while trying to bootstrap pkgsrc under ALT Linux I've found that
several functions such as fwrite, write, chdir and probably others
are declared with __attribute__((warn_unused_result)) attribute.

This obviously generates useful warning/errors for the key components
of the system.

NetBSD Guide says that code cleaness is one of the main goal of
NetBSD. Due to this I consider that this approach seems reasonable for
NetBSD too.

It is interesting to hear/see NetBSD developer's opinions.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.