tech-misc archive

Re: rfc: lo0 configuration

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
However the couple of tests is failed due to incorrect configuration of the
lo0 network interface. In other words the lo0 is down until I turn on it
manually by ifconfig lo0 127.0.0.1 up.

Is there a problem in NetBSD or I've missed something?

Excerpt from /etc/rc.d/network:

        # Set the address for the first loopback interface, so that the
        # auto-route from a newly configured interface's address to lo0
        # works correctly.
        #
        # NOTE: obscure networking problems will occur if lo0 isn't configured.
        #
        ifconfig lo0 inet 127.0.0.1

 - Hubert