tech-misc archive

Re: rfc: lo0 configuration

On Jul 20, 2008, at 11:59 PM, Andy Shevchenko wrote:

Hello.

I'm using the OMAP H4 board with NetBSD-current/ARM.
I start test cases from libMicro [1].

However the couple of tests is failed due to incorrect configuration of the lo0 network interface. In other words the lo0 is down until I turn on it
manually by ifconfig lo0 127.0.0.1 up.

Is there a problem in NetBSD or I've missed something?

[1] http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-arm/2008/07/17/msg000308.html

Do you have rc_configured=YES in /etc/rc.conf? (e.g., you are going multiuser)
lo0 should be bought up automatically by /etc/rc.d/network