tech-misc archive

Re: where are fsck return values documented?

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 08:43:33PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
  | In article <Pine.NEB.4.64.0802231040260.19597%tx.reedmedia.net@localhost>,
  | Jeremy C. Reed <reed%reedmedia.net@localhost> wrote:
  | >And where does 130 come from?
  | >

  | 128 + 2 [SIGNALLED + SIGINT], should not really be there, but fsck_msdos
  | does not catch signals :-( Someone should fix it :-)

Is it worth converting fsck(8) and fsck_*(8) to correctly
re-raise the default handler for SIGINT, as per
        http://www.cons.org/cracauer/sigint.html
?

I'm not sure how to detect that an application exited
with a signal from sh(1).

(I've converted various tools in the tree to using
raise_default_signal(3) (in libutil) so that they have
the signal behaviour as described in the URL above.)