tech-misc archive

Re: why not have rcvars for all rc.d scripts? -- and downinterfaces and not complete rc.d scripts

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008, der Mouse wrote:

[...], I rather dislike the way it pushes configuration information
out into a bunch of little files instead of keeping it in rc.conf -
the aspect of that that bothers me most, personally, is network
interface configuration.)
you can put a lot of network config (at least what i use) in rc.conf.

Yes, but not if you have more than two addresses on an interface.  I
added code to 3.1's rc.d/network to handle ifalias_xxN_1,
ifalias_xxN_2, etc; if anyone wants it I'll be happy to share, but the

        You can specify multiple aliases on the same ifaliase_<if>, var:

            ifaliases_fxp0=" - - -"

        That would have worked in 3.x, and I believe in 2.x also...

                David/absolute       -- No hype required --