Subject: Re: local-host tools used during NetBSD xcompilation
To: None <tech-misc@NetBSD.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: tech-misc
Date: 12/26/2007 15:06:48
On May 18,  5:12am, "Perry E. Metzger" wrote:
} Tom Spindler <dogcow@babymeat.com> writes:
} > Right now, there are a fair amount of host-locale binaries built and run
} > during the NetBSD build process - e.g. a bunch of bits in games/,
} > sys/arch/i386/stand/genprom, etc. Right now, there seem to be no
} > flags, no defines, or anything other than "cc -O -c -o".
}
} At the very least, we should be specifically marking anything that
} gets used as a tool. Is there a definitive list of things that are
} used as tools but which are not yet treated as tools?

     More to the point, we should probably eliminate as many as
possible.  I.e. why are there host tools in the games directory?  I'm
sure the answer has something to do with histerical raisins, but they
should probably be eliminated if at all possible.

}-- End of excerpt from "Perry E. Metzger"