Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys/arch/x86/x86
To: Pavel Cahyna <pavel@NetBSD.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-misc
Date: 12/12/2007 18:59:12
Pavel Cahyna <pavel@NetBSD.org> writes:
> in the section 5.40 of the gcc manual you'll find an example code that
> you can put e.g. in cdefs.h for compilers that don't support
> __FUNCTION__.

All C99 compilers including gcc support __func__, which is C99 standard.

Other compilers do not support __attribute__ and that is not quite so
easy to macro away. There are macros in header files that are supposed
to be used instead, but they aren't used everywhere.

In any case, the churn from this is pretty minimal compared to
everything else going on, and I see no reason to believe that this
will cause serious pain to anyone.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@piermont.com