Subject: Re: anoncvs server...
To: None <tech-misc@netbsd.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: tech-misc
Date: 01/29/2006 14:17:08
On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 01:58:10PM -0500, George Georgalis wrote:
>I'm using cvsup to pull a local cvs mirror;
>but I don't see any notes on making it available
>anonymously, like the main site. Is there a HOWTO?
>How is it done?

I found this which covers a lot of it -- straight forward,

http://reactor-core.org/howto-ssh-anoncvs.html

but...

   UNANSWERED QUESTIONS

   1. Getting the CVS repository permissions set right is a
   bitch. I should document this later.
   2. Currently investigating how to prevent anoncvs user,
   while allowing other users, from doing agent, x11, and port
   forwarding with the passwordless connection.

Are the issues, in the second item, covered in the netbsd anoncvs?

// George

http://galis.org/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george@galis.org