Subject: PSX driver
To: None <tech-misc@NetBSD.org>
From: None <uair@acelerate.com>
List: tech-misc
Date: 07/02/2005 22:06:18
Hi:
I have a PSX pad and I want to make it work under NetBSD. I've looked around the
web and the NetBSD homepage and the nearest thing I found was a "driver" for a
SNES pad for FreeBSD (aside from drivers for PSX pads for Linux). Well, I've decided
that I'll make my own driver for my PSX pad for NetBSD using the parallel port; this is the
first time I'm going to do something like this (I have a low/medium knowledge of C/C++ coding)
and there's a lot of help/comments/sugestions I could use. First, I'll improve my C/C++ programming
skills and then I'll really start doing the driver; I've just downloaded a guide for "writing drivers
for NetBSD" by Jochen Kunz and I'll take a look to the linux drivers. Hopefully, I'll finish the driver
in the next months, but I write to you to let you know my intentions (I hope this is the right mailing list to do so).
Anyway, I'm runnig NetBSD/amd64, and the PSX pad it's plugged to the parallel port as showed in
http://www.emulatronia.com/reportajes/directpad/psxeng/ . I don't pretend to write a NetBSD quality driver
(maybe in a couple of years I'll be skilled enough) or expect that you think I'm going to, I'm just trying
to learn something more and play my xmame roms with a pad :)

Saludos

Hugo