Subject: mmu-less (nommu) NetBSD project
To: None <tech-misc@netbsd.org>
From: Marshall Midden <marshallmidden@yahoo.com>
List: tech-misc
Date: 06/09/2005 15:39:22
--0-940045460-1118356762=:26216

I ported OpenBSD to an MMU-less MIPS processor back in 2001.  fork() worked.
Fortunately (??) the company no longer exists, and no one cares about the cvs repository.
Almost everything worked, except for NFS -- because I redid the virtual memory structures.

I'd have to pull it off a CD ... someplace.

I also modified the uClinux port for Brecis to have fork() too.

NOTE: this is 4 year old code ...  all with cross-compiler building integrated, etc.

How much you paying for this stuff?  Student age?  Oh, guess I don't qualify by a few decades anymore... .

---------------------------------
Discover Yahoo!
--0-940045460-1118356762=:26216

<DIV>I ported OpenBSD to an MMU-less MIPS processor back in 2001.&nbsp; fork() worked.</DIV>
<DIV>Fortunately (??) the company no longer exists, and no one cares about the cvs repository.</DIV>
<DIV>Almost everything worked, except for NFS -- because I redid the virtual memory structures.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'd have to pull it off a CD ... someplace.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I also modified the uClinux port for Brecis to have fork() too.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>NOTE: this is 4 year old code ...&nbsp; all with cross-compiler building integrated, etc.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>How much you paying for this stuff?&nbsp; Student age?&nbsp; Oh, guess I don't qualify by a few decades anymore... .</DIV><p>
		<hr size=1>Discover Yahoo!<br>
Get on-the-go sports scores, stock quotes, news & more. <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=32661/*http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html">Check it out!</a>
--0-940045460-1118356762=:26216--