Subject: Re: SA threads
To: None <>
From: Matthias Scheler <>
List: tech-misc
Date: 11/21/2004 07:53:44
In article <>,
	SODA Noriyuki <> writes:
> Acutally I did some benchmarks about basic therad primitives
> last year.

Does that involve using the kernel? Userland scheduling works probably
great as long as your threads don't need to use the kernel.

> I suspect the reason why Solaris M:N thread is slower is because
> generally it doesn't assign enough lwps to pthreads.

It did that dynamically. I think the 1:1 model works very well for
Solaris because the Solaris kernel internally uses threads and
preemptive scheduling, too. So with the 1:1 model each thread can
use the kernel directly whenever it wants to without blocking any
other userland thread.

	Kind regards

Matthias Scheler