Subject: Re: BSD and NAND
To: Vincenzo GRANATO <vincenzo.granato@st.com>
From: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
List: tech-misc
Date: 07/07/2004 10:27:50
On Tuesday 06 July 2004 13:17, Vincenzo GRANATO wrote:

> I've some question about NetBSD, does it support
> NAND FLASH?

Officially AFAIK no

> Is it possible to replace the BSD FS with YAFFS or JFFS?

AFAIK no, there's no port of YAFFS or JFFS/JFFS2 for NetBSD

> Where do I can find some  information about these?

AFAIK Wasabi Systems people (http://www.wasabisystems.com) have some NAND (or
NOR ? I don't remember..) Flash implementation plus journaled FS for NetBSD
but it isn't available for public domain. You probably should ask them
directly :)

Take a look at Linux MTD project at http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org. They
have done a lot of work and, theoretically, it can be ported/rewritten for
NetBSD. Though from my personal exp this 1) needs a lot of work 2) Linux MTD
is poorly documented.

// wbr