Subject: Re: Managing MI entries in our GENERIC-like files
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-misc
Date: 06/26/2004 17:18:20
On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 01:12:01AM +1000, matthew green wrote:

>    > I don't care very much if the implementation uses cpp, m4 or whatever.
>    > Having something like "no mca" or "no sound" etc. in my config file would
>    > make things nice for me too.
>
>     	atari currently uses cpp, amiga uses m4. I'm inclined at this
>     	point to go with cpp as it ends up being more legible, plus
>     	more people are likely to grok it at first glance. My only
>     	reservation is that # is a comment in config files...
>

> please no.  use m4 not cpp.

Actually I'd vote for anything except m4, m4 source files and macros
are completely unintelligable.

It has to be possible to do something sane with simple conditionals
and simple substitutions.

Given the files already support includes, adding conditionals can't
be hard.  Just make nbconfig understand them itself.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk