Subject: Re: Problem with PCMCIA 'com' card.
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-misc
Date: 11/09/2000 12:02:12
>> I'm running NetBSD 1.5_BETA on a toshiba tecra 8100 laptop. dmesg output
>> is attached (withouth the card in the system)

i have a portege 7200 (which was apparently a stupid thing to get,
regardless of how nice the laptop is) with more or less the same
problem.  i've discovered that the best way to get *almost* reliable
pc card support is to insert and remove cards in pairs.

>Just a wild guess, have you set the PCIC Controller Mode in the BIOS to
>"Cardbus/16bit"?

i tried that.  if i do that, pc cards just *don't* work, and card bus
cards sometimes crash the machine.

>See also the comments at the top of
>http://newsletter.toshiba-tro.de/netbsd/machines/6-Tecra-8100/NOON ...

(whimper) they don't even *list* mine.