Subject: Re: Proposal EXCLUDE_SUBDIRS
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-misc
Date: 08/26/2000 15:35:56
On Sat, 26 Aug 2000, David Brownlee wrote:

> 	Would it be possible to change the syntax of EXCLUDE_SUBDIRS so
> 	it matched */${EXCLUDE_SUBDIRS} - maybe something with the M:
> 	modfier?
>
> 	So to exclude sys/arch/i386/stand/installboot you could set
> 	EXCLUDE_SUBDIRS to sys/arch/i386/stand/installboot,
> 	arch/i386/stand/installboot, i386/stand/installboot, etc.

Hmm. I'm not sure, but I think, perhaps, it would still lead to
ambiguities if you set it to exclude some common name like "doc", or
"common".

How about, have EXCLUDE_DIR match against ${BSDSRCDIR}, and
EXCLUDE_SUBDIR match against ${PWD}? I think PWD is pulled in from the
environment when make is invoked, and not changed by make as it
recurses through the subdirectories. Have to check.