Subject: Re: Proposal EXCLUDE_SUBDIRS
To: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-misc
Date: 08/24/2000 09:34:39
On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, John Hawkinson wrote:

# Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 08:42:45 -0400 (EDT)
# From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
# To: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
# Cc: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>, tech-misc@netbsd.org
#
# | I don't like making everything relative to BSDSRCDIR, because it means
# | that other code can't use this mechanism.  Say I have another project
# | that uses BSD-style makefiles but doesn't use BSDSRCDIR, and I want to
# | use EXCLUDE_SUBDIRS.
#
# I'm a little concerned about it.

I just read the one about excluding sendmail and amd from a build if
DESTDIR is not defined, and that's got me concerned.

I'm one of those foolhardy people who builds things in place (and, by
and large, it just works); do I need to set DESTDIR=/ in order to
be sure these are built?

				--*greywolf;

--
BSD: The Final Frontier.