Subject: Re: Enhanced locale support for 1.4
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-misc
Date: 06/22/1999 18:28:46
On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Jason Thorpe wrote:

# On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 15:17:46 +0900 (JST)
#  Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp> wrote:
#
#  > Unfortunately, if it is completed, "struct __sFILE" (i.e. FILE of <stdio.h>)
#  > will be changed, thus, I suppose that __RENAME hack doesn't work well.
#
# How does it have to be changed?
#
# Sigh, it is unfortunate that our stdio makes the program access that
# directly, rather than through an actual function call :(

How would it be more fortuitous through an actual function call
than through direct access?  I'd actually be wont to macrofy things
in the name of performance than to functionise things in the name
of data hiding or whatever else.

				--*greywolf;