Subject: Re: CVS commit: src
To: None <tech-misc@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Allen <allen@doobie.itdl.ds.boeing.com>
List: tech-misc
Date: 02/23/1999 14:09:20
On Feb 21,  2:15pm, Scott Reynolds wrote:
>On Sun, 21 Feb 1999, Ted Lemon wrote:
>> This begs the question, though: who are these customers of the target
>> that are different than you or I?  Why are you arguing for an
>> interpretation of what make build is used for that is different than
>> the way you actually use it?
>It's not different for that week or two where I do a number of builds in
>quick succession, but when I wrote the message I had people like Erik Fair
>and Steve Allen in mind.  I know that people do frequent builds of various
>ports.

I haven't been following this closely enough to remember who's arguing
which side of the fence, but now that my name's been invoked... ;)

Yes, I do weekly builds.  I also follow the maillists and am aware of when
the important "do this first" items come up.  It only happens occasionally,
and is not any great inconvenience.  Keep the top-level Makefile simple.

I do think that a web page listing the various "must do's" is a good idea.

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - steve.allen@boeing.com   --   SGI Admin Weenie
http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/                      ICQ# 6709819