Subject: Re: CVS commit: src
To: Curt Sampson , Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
From: Trouble Free RecepPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-misc
Date: 02/21/1999 10:21:34
For reference:

A daily build can be done -- barely -- on a SPARCstation 2 class machine.

Curt Sampson sez:
/*
 * Well, then it's really bad on a fair number of architectures already.
 * A daily build can be done in under a day on a Sparc 5 if you don't
 * get any compile errors, but I don't think a Sparc 1 will do it.
 * Nothing in the Sun 3 line will build a snapshot in 24 hours or
 * less. The same is true of the VAX line.  It may well be true of
 * others that I'm not familar with.

Anything with a 680x0 probably falls under that category.  As for a SPARC 5,
I'm sure that running with a 175MHz clock it's doable, even with one or
two compile errors.

 */

				--*greywolf;
--
After 5 PM please slip brain through slot in door.