Subject: Re: CVS commit: src
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-misc
Date: 02/20/1999 16:27:07
On Sat, 20 Feb 1999, Scott Reynolds wrote:

> In
> the last 2 or 3 years there have been several gross misinterpretations of
> the purpose of the [build] target....

And that will continue to happen until those who know (or at least
think they know) the purpose of the build target actually go and
document that purpose. A year or two ago I was the instigator of
one of these large brou-ha-has starting from a `gross misinterpretation
of the purpose of the [build] target,' and now enough time has
passed that I can't recall what the real purpose of the target is.

Why don't you add a big comment to that Makefile above the build
target saying what it is, and how it's to be used, so that people
in the future who change it understand what they should be doing?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: http://www.netbsd.org