Subject: Re: Create install-CD
To: Stein Borge Sylvarnes <sylvarnes@mailexcite.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-misc
Date: 09/11/1998 11:20:24
On Sep 10, Stein Borge Sylvarnes wrote
> I am (going to be) a new NetBSD user, and
> I want to create a CD to install from.
> I'd like to know the following:
>
> 1. How is the directory-structure on the CD?
> I someone could tell me at least how the root
> of the CD look like
>
> 2. What filesystem/extensions should I use?
> I gues I should use the ISO9660 fs, but should
> I use Rock-Ridge extensions, or some other extensions?
> I have access to Win98/NT and Linux, and use
> Adaptech EasyCD-pro and CD-Creator + mkisofs on
> Linux.

You need a directory named NetBSD-1.3.2 at the root of your CD.
This is a copy of ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3.2,
You can remove the archs you don't need.
I used mkisofs to create the cd9660+RR image. You can also give the path
of the boot floppy image (boot.fs) to mkisofs, so that you will have a bootable
CD.