Re: Fixing, reestoring DEC FDDI (DEFPA/DEFEA/DEFTA/DEFQA) in 8.2, 9.2; restore to -current?

    https://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-net/2022/09/28/msg008338.html

> Now I don't know if vlan(4) is important for FFDI and probably bpf(4) users
> are not expecting ethernet frames from it, so things might be easier.

My recollection is that FDDI was "mature techology" (development stoped, effectively legacy) when 100Mbit Ethernet became available.
Plus, it's a ring topology, so VLANs didn't give as much utility as with switched Ethernet.

Curiously enough, the use-case of "struct ethercom" which the "pdq" (fpa, etc) FDDI driver hit, was adding multicast addresses when an interface comes up. How much of the "struct ethecom" pain would be fixed by having a common struct containing _just_ the "multicast" data structures?
That still leaves vlan; and separating vlan from multicast would (I assume) require separate locks. Or more ugly struct overlaying...