Re: Change max ttys from 8 to 12?

On Tue 19 Dec 2023 at 12:38:19 -0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> Bumping both limits to 12 (and augmenting keysyms and the keymaps
> for this) would align this with the other *BSDs.

I agree. It removes an arbitrary asymmetry.

> The con side here is that some keyboards either only have 10 function
> keys or already use F11 and F12 for other purposes (like DEC keyboard
> has F11=ESC, so ctrl-alt-f11 invokes DDB).

Sure, but most of the keyboards have 12 function keys and even if some
don't, nobody is forced to try to use them.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            <rhialto/at/falu.nl>
\X/ There is no AI. There is just someone else's work.           --I. Rose