Re: [RFC 2] userconf(4): 2nd proposal

FWIW, various things I have modified can be seen here:

https://github.com/tlaronde/netbsd-src/tree/tsjl

The userconf version present at the moment on the published branch, was
my first attempt (patterns introduced by slashes---working but not
solving the problem about drmkms).

There are other bits listed at the root in CHANGES.tsjl (other files:
WIP.tsjl and GOALS.tsjl are self-explanatory, but GOALS is empty
at the moment except for the title and the date and will have to
be filled when the documentation is ready).

Next step will be to implement patterns and groups for
userconf/config(1), but with a revised syntax as proposed by RVP (but
for now, I will go with groups defined by config(1), and not allowing
variables aka aliases, first to not implement custom allocation,
second to allow the feature to be of use for all archs, and not
only the ones using boot.cfg).

I may probably not report on the list when done for this or even
about what I will be doing next: this will be explained in the files
mentionned above and the sources will be published in the branch. If
something is found useful by somebody, just cherry-pick (my work
published here is under a 2 clauses BSD licence).
--
        Thierry Laronde <tlaronde +AT+ kergis +dot+ com>
                     http://www.kergis.com/