Re: [RFC 2] userconf(4): 2nd proposal

tlaronde%kergis.com@localhost writes:

>disable {drmkms}	# NEW: disable devices belonging to group "drmkms"

Almost noone would need to turn off all drmkms drivers. What you may
want to control is that a GPU isn't used as a console. Disabling a driver
is just our crude workaround to achieve this.

I don't think that autoconf is the right place for such a control,
it should be a boot parameter, maybe even something that can be
changed at runtime later.

The current system of boot parameters is limited and differs a lot
between platforms. We need a common way to set boot parameters and
these should be mostly defined in a platform-agnostic way.

>Hint: Linuces distributions "work" as proposed images on servers,
>where NetBSD fails.

Servers usually do no have drmkms capable hardware, and if they have,
you probably want to use that hardware.