Re: DRM-KMS: add a devclass DV_DRMKMS and allow userconf to deal with classes

> I propose to add a DV_DRMKMS class to sys/device.h:enum_devclass; to
> augment cfdata with a devclass member [...]

> Comments?

This is not intended as criticism; I am just trying to examine all
sides of this question.

Why use the sys/sys/device.h kind of device class for userconf?  Is
there some reason to think it will be useful to userconf other device
classes, or do you expect other device-class machinery to have a use
for DV_DRMKMS, or is it a question of just reusing the existing device
class rather than creating a new kind of device class, or what?

I'm also thinking it could be useful for a device to fall into multiple
classes for userconf, but I _think_ DV_* classes don't support a device
being in multiple classes.  It also could be useful for custom kernels
to have custom modifications to device classification.  So I'm
wondering if it would be better for this to be a namespace specific to
config(1) and userconf rather than having anything to do with DV_*
values.

Or is that getting into "the best is the enemy of the good" territory?

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign