typo in raidN.conf leading to alledgedly failed component

I set up a server with a RAIDframe level 1 RAID and forgot raidctl -A softroot.
So I booted an installation kernel via PXE, typed in a /tmp/raid0.conf and did
raidctl -c /tmp/raid0.conf raid0, only I mistyped the name of the first
component. That led to "hosed component", but worse, failed that component and
apperantly marked the first component failed on the label of the second.
So after raidctl -u raid0, correcting my typo and raidctl -c /tmp/raid0.conf raid0,
I ended up with a failed first component that dind't relay fail.

Can that be improved?