Re: Cannot break into DDB

On Thu, 10 Aug 2023, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:

Hello

I have a 9.3/i386 kernel with DDB option built-in.
I did sysctl -w hw.cnmagic=12345

Now on the console, if I type 123456 the 5 will be ommitted and I
will not drop into DDB. It displays 12346

It does not folow hw.cnmagic value. For instance if hw.cnmagic=a
I can type as many a that I want on the console, I never drop into
DDB, and no a is ever displayed.

Anyone has an idea why?

Proof that DDB is built-in;
# sysctl ddb
ddb.radix = 16
ddb.maxoff = 1048576
ddb.maxwidth = 80
ddb.lines = 24
ddb.tabstops = 8
ddb.onpanic = 0
ddb.fromconsole = 0

Change this to

	ddb.fromconsole = 1

ddb.tee_msgbuf = 0
ddb.commandonenter =
ddb.panicstackframes = 65535
ddb.dumpstack = 1

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost

!DSPAM:64d4d11036231714474243!

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:    |
| (Retired)          | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul%whooppee.com@localhost    |
| Software Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%netbsd.org@localhost  |
| & Network Engineer |                          | pgoyette99%gmail.com@localhost |