Re: Strange crash of DIAGNOSTIC kernel on cv_destroy(9)

n 7/22/23 22:31, Taylor R Campbell wrote:

What exactly is the panic you see and the evidence when you see it?
Stack trace, gdb print cb in crash dump?

Wait, can we use gdb for examining the kernel dump? I thought gdb
couldn't read it. Here's the stacktrace found in /var/log/message:

Yep, you can use gdb to examine a crash dump:

$ gdb ./netbsd.gdb
(gdb) target kvm netbsd.123.core

Wow, that actually worked. Thank you for the tip. I wish I knew this when I was porting the driver :D