compare kernel config

Hello

Do we have a reliable way to compare kernel configations?

I face the case of a machine that gets device timouts on disk access
(wd attached to ahcisata) on a kernel configuration that includes
INSTALL_FLOPPY, while everything is fine if it includes INSTALL

Nowadays, i386 INSTALL includes MONOLITHIC, which includes GENERIC,
while INSTALL_FLOPPY is a ancient stripped fork of GENERIC. There is
no obvious difference about wd configuration. INSTALL_FLOPPY lacks
ahcisata, that I had to add when including it, but I still wonder
what makes the difference.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost