Re: flock(2): locking against itself?

>> I'm not sure whether I think it'd be better for O_NONBLOCK to apply
>> to the descriptor - [...]
> O_NONBLOCK should really be part of the _operation_, not the
> _object_.  [...]

Agreed - or, at least, I agree that it should be possible to make it
part of the operation rather than of the object.  Even aside from
installed-base arguments, I'm not sure whether I think non-blocking
mode on the object should go away.  I'd have to think about it more.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign