Re: entropy: pid 17200 (python) blocking due to lack of entropy

On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 03:59:18PM +0000, Taylor R Campbell wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 16:33:55 +0100
> > From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>
> >
> > I upgraded a Xen guest from -7 to 10, and run into:
> > entropy: pid 17200 (python) blocking due to lack of entropy
> >
> > how do I get out of this ? I tried various things with rndctl, including
> > copying /var/db/entropy-file from another host (with hardware RNG),
>
> If you copy /var/db/entropy-file from another host (or, better, create
> a new one with `rndctl -S') _and load it_ with `rndctl -L' on this
> host, this will add nonzero entropy to the system; then use
> `/etc/rc.d/random_seed stop' to save it to disk for the next boot in
> case you shut down uncleanly.

I did this but it didn't unblock the python process. It did tell me:
#rndctl -L /tmp/foo
rndctl: no entropy in seed
Also I had a /var/db/entropy-file, but maybe without entropy.
But /tmp/foo should have some, it was generated on a host with a hardware RNG:
rdrand                 1024          2 rng    estimate, collect, v