Re: building 9.1 kernel with /usr/src elsewhere?

On Wed, Mar 08, 2023 at 15:22:11 +1100, matthew green wrote:

> > This completed apparently normally, reporting the build directory and
> > telling me to remember to make depend.  I then went to ~/kbuild/GEN91
> > and ran make depend && make.  It failed fast - no more than a second or
> > two - with
> >
> > make[1]: don't know how to make absvdi2.c. Stop
>
> what happens if you run "make USETOOLS=no"?

That's orthogonal.  The problem is that NETBSDSRCDIR cannot be
inferred for a randomly located kernel builddir and
sys/lib/libkern/Makefile.compiler-rt uses it.  I don't know enough
about sys Makefiles, but may be using $S instead of
${NETBSDSRCDIR}/sys will just fix it.  But may be will also break
something else.  Our makefile spaghetti is a bit out of control.

-uwe