Re: kernel goes dark on boot

On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 08:05:00AM -0400, Jared McNeill wrote:
> After calling ExitBootServices(), the only things that work are UEFI runtime
> services. You'll have to find another way to print to the console.

I can skip the ExitBootServices call and keep printing, I have already
done thatn at least in C functions. I have no experience of doing that
from assembly code.

The same bug exists with a XEN3_DOM0 kernel. Xen starts up, and the
kernel crash without displaying anything. I wonder if there are tools
to trace the dom0 with help from Xen.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost