python vs. semaphores

Hi!

Since at least python 2.7 (2011, probably longer, I haven't dug
deeper) pkgsrc comes with a patch for Python that disables POSIX
semaphore use (pthread_mutex* and pthread_cond* are used instead).

I don't have a small test case yet, but when you build python without
the pkgsrc patches and run

./python ../Tools/scripts/run_tests.py test_compileall test_multiprocessing_fork test_concurrent_futures

these tests will not finish and I can see lots of pythons in state 'psem'

 2791 wiz       77    0    96M   11M psem/31     0:00  0.00%  0.00% python

Is anyone aware of problems with semaphores on NetBSD, or has looked
at this particular problem before?

 Thomas