Re: General device properties API

Hi Jason!

Some minor comments:

Should we use ssize_t instead of int for the size of objects (or -1 if
not existing)? I think it's the more appropriate type; on the other
hand, we don't seem to be using this type much in the kernel yet at
all.

Does device_getprop_string always NUL-terminate the buffer, even if
the provided one is too small?

I read device_getpropencoding as device_getpr_open_coding, so perhaps
we can add a couple more "_" as word separators. I.e.

device_getprop_len
device_getprop_encoding
device_getprop_type

(and similarly for the devhandle_* versions of those); that makes them
(in my eyes) more consistent with device_getprop_string,
device_getprop_bool, etc.

Cheers,
 Thomas