Re: kern.maxlockf for byte range lock limit

On Fri, Jul 09, 2021 at 03:27:57PM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
 > I recently hit a bug where mariadb import failed befause of
 > maxlocksperuid limit:a
 > http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2021/07/09/msg027330.html
 >
 > Attached is a patch that documents ENOMEM for fcntl() and flock()
 > and that adds a sysctl kern.maxlockf to make the limit configurable.

This was discussed somewhere briefly (probably on chat) a couple weeks
ago, with the conclusion that we should just make the limit something
like twice the maximum number of open files and forget about it. No
real need to add more knobs.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost