Re: Devices.

On Sat, 29 May 2021, David Holland wrote:

<big-snip>

Anyhow, I think this architecture addresses all the problems cited.
The critical question is: what have I overlooked? There are probably
some issues I've thought about but failed to remember to discuss
above; there are also probably some issues I've not thought about or
am completely unaware of.

One thing that would concern me is compat...  :)  It's great if, for
example, we can rip out ioctl() but if we have to maintain it to
provide compatability that might increase the problem by an order of
magnitude.

Some sort of transition planning would need to exist in the overall
plan, and well-communicated to users.

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:     |
| (Retired)          | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul%whooppee.com@localhost     |
| Software Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%netbsd.org@localhost   |