Re: regarding the changes to kernel entropy gathering

On Mon, Apr 05, 2021 at 12:07:49AM +0200, Havard Eidnes wrote:
> I am still of the fairly firm beleif that the mistrust in the
> hardware vendors' ability to make a reasonable and robust
> implementation is without foundation.

It's not without foundation. Remember the first hardware RNG on x86? It
got killed by a down-shrink in the pre-release phase. The hardware still
said it is present. That's the reason why we don't use RDSEED directly
in place of the entropy pool and still merge other potential entropy
sources in.

Joerg