Re: regarding the changes to kernel entropy gathering

At Sun, 4 Apr 2021 16:39:11 -0400 (EDT), Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: regarding the changes to kernel entropy gathering

> > No amount of uptime and activity was increasing the entropy in my
> > system before I patched it.
>
> As I understand it, entropy was being contributed.  What wasn't
> happening was the random driver code recognizing and acknowledging that
> entropy, because it had no way to tell how much of it there really was.

Clearly there was no entropy being contributed in any way shape or form.

It wasn't the driver code at fault.

It was the code I fixed with my patch that was at fault.

I told the system to "count" the entropy being gathered by the
appropriate driver(s), but it was being ignored entirely.

After my fix the system behaved as I told it to.

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>