Re: ACPI related performance trouble

	hello.  I wonder if you've compared your BIOS settings on both machines?  While the BIOS
may be the same version, it's possible the settings are not identical.  this is strongly
suggested by the fact that one of your machines shows a serial number in its machdep.dmi
output, while the other does not.  Doing that comparison will be tedious, but I think worth it.
Perhaps the easiest way is to reset the slow machine to factory defaults, then do your
comparison, screen by screen with the fast machine.

-Brian