Re: Funded project(s) to improve Linux emulation

On Tue, 10 Nov 2020, nia wrote:
On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 06:36:06PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
 - Improve linux audio support

Does anyone know what's needed yet?

What springs to mind is that when running the existing net/citrix_ica package (or any update of it that will run under current levels of Linux emulation), it negotiates a very low bit (8k) rate even when told to use the best it can. I assume that it is relying on undefined behaviour from some of the ioctls it is using. For instance, when you perform mixer operations from within a remote desktop sessoin it does them on the audio devices, not mixer. This used to return an error which then killed audio for the remainder of the session. Many years ago, I made it so that mixer operations would fall though and complete successfully (can't find the commit now).

So probably just requires tracing the syscalls and seeing what is requested and returned.

--
Stephen