Re: Temporary memory allocation from interrupt context

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 03:08:12PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 10:44:45AM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> > Consider the following pseudo-code running in softint context:
>
> Why do those items not have a link element inside, so that no additional
> memory allocation is necesary?

That would not help - I am collecting a subset of the items and don't want
to keep the whole state locked for all actions on them.

A single list element inside would not be enough (they do have one, that is
how the whole list works).

I could create a reference struct (tuple of pointer and tailq entry)
for each one collected and put that in a tailq, and then use a
pool_cache(9) for the referencers - which would make the whole thing
similariy akward as the kmem_intr_* variant.

Martin