Re: RAIDframe: what if a disc fails during copyback

	Hello.  Note that Raidframe's notion of a hot spare is somewhat
different than other software raid systems in that once you reboot after
copying to a hot spare, that hot spare becomes just another component in
the raid set.  In other words, it loses its hot spare designation and you
should treat it as you would any other component.   That means that raidctl
-r to replace the existing in-place component can be used to replace the
spare with the original disk now that you have it repaired.

	Assuming the original component is still good, a, in Mouse's example,
if 'b' fails during the reconstruction, you're left with a single component
raid1 system again.  If 'A fails during the copy, you're left with some
corrupt data, though the system will not panic and you'll be able to
salvage what you can from the raid.  Unfortunately, I've been caught in
this situation more times than I'd like to say -- there was a crop of bad
Seagate 500GB disks for a while and they had a tendancy to fail in mass at
the same time.

-thanks
-Brian