Re: make COMPAT_LINUX match SYSV binaries

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 04:02:41PM +0000, Eduardo Horvath wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Oct 2020, coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
>
> > In the event someone adds support for another OS with this problem (say,
> > modern Solaris), I don't expect this compat to be enabled by default,
> > for security reasons. So the problem will only occur if a user enables
> > both forms of compat at the same time.
>
> But Solaris *IS* SYSV.
>
> Eduardo

Solaris has a separate tag, but I'm not sure how consistently it's used.
The SmartOS binaries do say:
bin/dmenu: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (Solaris), dynamically linked, interpreter /usr/lib/amd64/ld.so.1, not stripped

Bug Go-generated binaries say:
main: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/amd64/ld.so.1, Go BuildID=OGLnPmMB8X-FwRbuu90n/GZ0Uvc8LQrh2V9P9rvDk/mRaPYobahbBw4F7aYitg/K58SIG6bmmaibHLZehP8, not stripped