Re: Logging a kernel message when blocking on entropy

Andreas Gustafsson <gson%gson.org@localhost> writes:

> The following patch will cause a kernel message to be logged when a
> process blocks on /dev/random or some other randomness API.  It may
> help some users befuddled by pkgsrc builds blocking on /dev/random,
> and I'm finding it useful when testing changes aimed at fixing PR
> 55659.

I'm in favor.

I have not dug in to the brave new entropy world.  I'm sure it's better
in many ways, but it also seems like people/systems that used to not end
up blocked before now do, apparently because some sources that used to
be considered ok (timing of events) no longer are.   So I think people
should be given clues - things appear a bit too difficult now.