Changing ether_ifattach() and ether_ifdetach() arguments to struct ethercom* ?

Hey folks,

we have two functions that get passed strange arguments for historic
reasons:

	void ether_ifattach(struct ifnet *, const uint8_t *);
	void ether_ifdetach(struct ifnet *);

Both functions do *not* work with arbitrary ifnet *, but require the
pointer to be part of struct ethercom, and castable to that.

Would it be better to make this explicit and change them to:

	void ether_ifattach(struct ethercom *, const uint8_t *);
	void ether_ifdetach(struct ethercom *);

Am I missing something? I stumbled into this when I just removed all calls
to this functions from the new wlan code (where it couldn't work the old
way anymore).

Martin